It has been almost 5 weeks since my surgery. Over that time, there are things that I have started to notice. Some of them bother me and some of them I am alright with. These things are:
- I have not bitten my fingernails once since my surgery date. They are actually growing!
- Some friends do not understand why I had my surgery and it appears that a few of them could care less to try to understand. Thank you to those of you who are trying to understand.
- The food police are everywhere!
- I feel better, healthier.
- I am still obsessed with stepping on the scale every day!
- My life still revolves around food, but in a much better way.
- I feel like I am actually accomplishing something with my new running/walking program.
- A lot of family and friends have told me that they notice my 20 pound weight loss (19 according to my Dr's scale. I like my scale better!) just by looking at me, but I can't see it yet.
- This process is even harder than I thought it was going to be. I mean, I knew it was going to be hard, but I think it's harder.
Now, on to other news. Monday I got my first fill in my band. By special request, I am going to explain that. It seems that I haven't been as good at that as I had thought! You see, when the band was first put in, it wasn't filled at all. If you want to know what the band looks like, go here. They do this because of the swelling that happens from the initial placement of the band around the stomach. Typically you go to the dr 4-6 weeks after your surgery for your first fill. A fill means that the dr will take a needle and stick it into the port, which is just under the skin (mine is just above my belly button), and will fill the band with a small amount of saline solution. This is what helps you to feel full quicker and for a longer period of time. Depending on the person, you can have between 4-6 fills before you are at the point that works best for you. I have also been told that a lot of people can't tell that big of a difference with their first fill. Which, so far, has been my case. We will see as I start progressing to ground beef and chicken. That is this coming week! Yay! next fill is July 25th!
Oh! I finally got my salad and it was great!!!! Yum! I also made it through week one of the C25K program! Week 2 started Monday. Let me tell you, this fat soon to be skinny girl can barely run for 90 seconds at a time! That is pitiful! But, I am pushing through it. We will see what tomorrow brings with day 2 of week 2.