Monday, June 6, 2011

Week Three and a new start

So, I am three weeks (almost 4) post surgery and I feel good.  I am starting to eat real food again (Fish, seafood, pitas, low carb wraps, thinly shaved lunch meat, etc..) and it is going well.  I get my first fill in a few weeks and I have to tell you that I can't wait!  I am excited about seeing how it changes my weight, how I feel about myself, and my ability to exercise even more.  I am also a bit worried about whether it will change the things that I have already gotten to start eating again.  I know that I still have a lot to work on with the chewing food up and not drinking while eating.  (or for an hour after!)  That, I have to say, is the hardest part.  I honestly don't miss soda that much, but getting used to not drinking while eating is hard!  Very hard.  I catch myself reaching for my water all of the time when I am eating. 

By week 6 I will get to start incorporating ground beef again.  I can't tell you how happy about this I will be.  I want a burger SO bad it's not even funny. There is only one thing I want more than that.  A good salad!  I have no idea when I can start having that.  I think week 5, but I will check with the nutritionist.  I know, who wants a salad over a burger?!  hehe  I am so weird.

I am supposed to workout for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week.  I have not been able to do this previously, but I started getting into it today.  My little Mouse started preschool this morning. :( *tears* She is going two days a week so I thought that this would be the perfect time to start something new.  So, I started the Couch to 5K running program this morning.  I made it through without stopping, but I wanted to so bad!  I know that this week is only 60 seconds of running with 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes, but for me, that is VERY tough!  And I am very slow with the running.  The C25K site calls me a penguin because of my waddle/run! hehe  Though, I made it through 1.2 miles of running/walking today.  I never thought that I could do that before.  So, in celebration, I added two new tickers!  Yay!  I am down 18 pounds!  SO excited.  We will see what the next few weeks bring with this new exercise stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment