Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Attempting something not so new...

I have decided that I am going to attempt to jump into the already gigantic world of blogging. I know that I will probably not get any notoriety for my blog, but I needed a place to get my thoughts down on paper and let's face it, I type much faster than I can write. So, here it is. My random thoughts for all of you to enjoy or not.

Today is technically my second day as a stay at home mommy. I LOVE it! I know, I know, everyone is thinking "you say that now", but it's true. I never pictured myself as a stay at home mom. I always thought that I would continue working because, well, I really do hate NOT having something to do. Yes, now and then it is nice, but if it is all the time, I tend to get a bit agitated. Well, that all changed when Ember came along. The minute she was born, I knew that I wanted to be a stay at home mom. I am sure that happens to many moms and I am by far not the first one to come to this revelation. Yeah, yeah, I get it. SO not original, but that is what happened. Now, I get to. After 8 1/2 months of life, most of which I was at home with her for anyway due to her liver disease, I am with her all the time. So far, so good. Even today when she is really fussy and not feeling well. (Stuffy nose, teething, NOT liver for all you grandma's and aunts out there)

So, this is my little moment I take for myself when I can I guess. I really do enjoy writing. My mother-in-law has suggested that I try to write a book after reading my blogs on Ember's site. To tell you the truth, that would be so great, but I wouldn't even know where to begin. I am not the best writer out there and I know it. For instance, my friend Pete is great! Really, he is. I am not just saying that because I am a friend. He has this imagination that runs wild and he has a gift for making you feel like you are in the moment. That gift was recalled when it came to me. I truly enjoy reading his stories and any time we game with him, his concepts just blow me away. Honestly, becoming a journalist was one of my dreams growing up. Of course, so was becoming a pediatric trauma nurse, a marine biologist, a veterinarian, and a pharmacist. Of course, all of those are on hold due to mommy duty, and for the first time I am OK with that. Prior to Ember, I was so angry with myself for letting those little dreams slip away, for not letting myself at least try, for quitting school when I did, but now it's all OK. They aren't gone, just put on hold and I am sure that there are more than enough people mad at me for something or another so why be mad at myself?

Anyway, I have to go finish cleaning out the bottom of the fridge. The roast that was thawing ended up leaking blood all over....gross!!!!! (And that is saying something for a woman who is happy to talk to you about the color of her daughter's poop! Go green!) So, here's to a good roast, a clean fridge, and comforting a teething baby!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Jeannie! Sharing your talent with the rest of us. Who knows.....maybe there is a book in your future.

    Grammy J

    ReplyDelete