Thursday, August 26, 2010

School and sickness

School started Monday and it is already sucking up a lot of my free time.  No more FB, no more blogging, no more StarCraft II. :(  Though, I have had a sick baby as well so that has taken up a lot of time too. 

Monkey had some kind of virus which was causing her break outs and now it has caused a horrible snotty nose.  Mouse now has a snotty nose too and was extremely cranky yesterday.  I think that hers is from teething.  She turned 9 months old on the 24th and the poor thing only has 4 teeth with 2 more coming in.  By this time, I think Monkey had almost a full mouth!  She holds her own though and manages to gum pretty much everything to death.

We are really hoping they get over the snotty noses soon because they really aren't sleeping well at night.  And every mom out there knows that the result of that is the fact that YOU don't get to sleep well at night.  This hurts me even worse since I don't sleep well at night anyway!  Total Zombie land here most days right now.  Also, as far as sickness goes, I haven't been feeling the greatest.  I have been getting dizzy spells, feeling overly tired (even more so than I should with everything that had been going on), and oddly enough the tip of my tongue would go numb.  So, I finally made a Dr's appointment after I decided to check my blood sugar one night and found it to be 277.  For those of you that don't know, that is extremely high. 

So, I went and he told me that I have full blown Diabetes now. NOT a happy camper, but I have no one to blame for it but myself.  Not even my genes because I knew it was there, lurking in the background like some freak of a stalker, and I have not really done anything to prevent it. So, now is the time to start and hopefully I will have some good news on that front to report soon.  We will see.

1 comment: